Picture courtesy of PronoKal Group, a portfolio company of Abac Solutions
Abac’s motto is Sustainable Value. We believe that our job is not only to identify attractive opportunities and unlock trapped value in our portfolio companies, rather we are determined to earn our license to operate by behaving at all times with the utmost respect for the environment and the highest sense of responsibility to society.
This is Abac’s pledge to the Fund’s investors, to the Fund’s portfolio companies and to their employees. We are grateful to have investors that share this view and push our boundaries to ensure we do not derail from our Sustainability path.
Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG)
We believe that long-term value creation has to come necessarily from a combination of improving the businesses in which the Fund invests and doing so in a sustainable manner. Therefore we:
- Consider associated environmental, public health, safety, and social issues before investing in a company
- Strive to grow and improve long-term sustainability of the companies in which the Fund invests
- Seek to engage with all relevant stakeholders, either directly or through representatives from our portfolio companies
- Implement appropriate reporting, audit, compensation and governance structures at our portfolio companies with the goal of improving performance, aligning interests and minimising risks
- Are committed, together with our portfolio companies’ management teams, to comply with (and when possible, go beyond) applicable labour laws in the countries in which we operate
- Keep strict policies that prohibit bribery and other improper payments to public officials, in line with the OECD Anti-Bribery Convention
- Provide appropriate information to the Fund’s Limited Partners on ESG matters and promote transparency about our activities
U.N. Principles for Responsible Investment
Our ESG undertakings are informed by international guidelines such as the 10 Principles of Corporate Governance published by the U.N. Global Compact, the U.N. Principles for Responsible Investment and other ESG best practices as we see fit.
Since inception, we are signatories of the Principles for Responsible Investment, a United Nations’ initiative launched in 2006 by Kofi Annan encouraging its endorsers (asset owners, investment managers and service providers) to respect its six core principles.